- Serves:4 – nutritional information is per serving based on 4 servings per recipe.
- Per serving: 618 Calories (kcal);
47g Total Fat; (68% calories from fat);
Prep Time:30 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound chorizo 2 — *see recipe
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup water
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup diced avocado
- 1 cup shredded brick cheese – or pepper jack
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
How to Prepare:
- Combine salsa, sour cream and heavy cream and refrigferate.
- Saute ground beef, chorizo, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano and cumin until browned.
- Add water, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stiring occasionally.
- Remove lid and continue to simmer until water is almost all gone.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Place lettuce in a gallon sized zipper bag and pour sour cream mixture over it.
- Seal and shake to coat lettuce with dressing.
- Divide lettuce among 4 plates and then divide remaining ingredients(including cooked mixture) evenly.